Great Mission Group Consultancy (GMGC) is a group of legal professionals, scientist and academicians established in Pune, India, to promote Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) and World Trade Organization (WTO) related areas.
GMGC has been established with an objective of providing a concrete platform for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) with a special focus on protection, promotion, and enforcement of Geographical Indications.
We take pride in being the pioneers of this innovative venture working towards community IP rights. The vision of GMGC dates back to the decade when a handful of people were aware of Geographical Indications and potential thereof. ‘Genuine Rural Indian GI products on Global Platform’ characterizes the long-cherished dream of GMGC.GMGC works for awareness in the field of Patents, Designs, Trademarks, & GI and motivates the stakeholders for the creation and protection of IPRs. GMGC has been relentlessly striving to make Intellectual Property Rights as a tool for economic growth in India. GMGC has conducted twelve IPR related seminars in association with Indian Patent Office and NIIPM and had been an associate partner of the office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks (CGPDTM) since 2007 for IP awareness campaign in the State of Maharashtra.
GMGC has supported various inventors from students to 75-year-old individuals to file their patent applications and has successfully prosecuted them. Some of the famous examples include electric foldable bike, solar panel cleaning mechanism, automatic car cover mechanism, etc. GMGC has signed MoUs with many prominent colleges and universities in Maharashtra. Recently, a patent drive was launched in Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri and as a result of which many patent applications for various agricultural technologies and products were filed this year.
GMGC has achieved tremendous success in guiding many companies, startups and individual brand owners register their brands as a trademark in India as well as abroad. Some of the prominent examples include Lalbaugcha Raja, Sanskriti School, Germinator, ieyeze, GEMS, etc.
GMGC also has a great success in prosecuting numerous Copyright applications.
GMGC has created a niche identity in the area of Geographical Indication registration and is equipped to offer services to help farmer’s community an opportunity to explore international markets. GMGC has worked as a consultant to the World Bank and Dept. of Horticulture, Gov. of Maharashtra for the registration of ten (10) and thirteen (13) Geographical Indications respectively. Voluntarily GMGC has worked on the other five (5) Geographical Indications from various parts of Maharashtra and India. re glad that 26 out of these total 28 G.I. Applications have already been registered.
GMGC has successfully applied twenty-eight (28) Geographical Indications (Community IP Right) from the State of Maharashtra out of which twenty-six (26) GIs have been registered. Founder of GMGC Prof. Ganesh Hingmire has received the “National IP Award for Best Facilitation of Registration of GI and Promotion of Registered GI in the country” in 2016 conferred by Hon’ble Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India, at a function jointly organized by Indian Intellectual Property Office and Confederation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CII) at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi. In 2015, Prof. Hingmire has conferred a Special Mention Award in the category for Best Facilitation of Registration of GI and Promotion of Registered GI in the country.
GMGC has been established with an objective of providing concrete platform for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) with a special focus on protection, promotion and enforcement of Geographical Indications.
1. Geographical Indication
- Research work
- Field Work
- Application Filling
- Authorized User Registration
- Digital Marketing of GI Product
- PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) Registration in European Union
- Prior art searches
- Drafting & Filing Patent Application
➀ Provisional Specification Drafting
➁ Complete Specification Drafting
- Dealing with Office Actions
- Patent Prosecution support
- International Patent filing and formalities
➀ International Phase
➁ National Phase
- Filling Demand for International Preliminary Examination
- Trademark search as per classification
- Application filing
- Assistance for international trademark gateway
- Domain name issues on Trademark
- Trademark prosecution
- IPAB (Intellectual Property Appellate Board) Proceedings
- Trademark Renewals
- Litigation support
- Assistance to International recognition
- Licensing and Assignment
- Litigation support
5. Industrial Design
- Drafting of Application and Registration of Industrial Design
- Working on WTO research-related project
- Publication of Research article
- Comparative analysis
7. IPR Training.
✓ WTO (World Trade Organization) recorded Training and Research Organization.
✓ Associate Member of International Organization for Geographical Indication Network, (ORIGIN), Geneva, Switzerland.
✓ Delegates of GMGC have attended the Ministerial Conference of WTO held at Cancun, Mexico in 2003, at Hong Kong in 2005 and at Geneva, Switzerland in 2009 & 2011, Bali, Indonesia in 2013, Nairobi, Kenya in 2015 and Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2017.
✓ Delegates attended ‘Intellectual Property Rights Program’ arranged by Japan Patent Office at Tokyo, Japan in December, 2009.
- National Intellectual Property Award: Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Gov. of India has awarded our founder Prof. Ganesh Hingmire and GMGC with the most prestigious National Intellectual Property Award 2016 in the category of “Top Individual/organization for Best facilitation of Registration of GI and Promotion of Registered GI in India” in recognition of significant achievements of our organization in the field of GIs.
- Dada Kondke Samajbhushan Puraskar: In 2019, Dadasaheb Memorable Foundation, Pune has awarded our founder Ganesh Hingmire with “Dada Kondke Samajbhushan Puraskar” for his extraordinary work in the field of IPR.
- Abasaheb Veer Prerana Puraskar: In 2019, Kisanveer Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Bhuij, Satara has awarded our founder Ganesh Hingmire with “Abasaheb Veer Prerana Puraskar” for his motivational and enthusiastic social work in field of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Acharya Atre Puraskar: Ganesh Hingmire has received of Maharashtra state Prestigious Acharya Atre Purskar for his contribution in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
- IPR Trainer’s Training Program: Prof. Ganesh Hingmire, Founder and Director (GMGC), received a Certificate for the “IPR Trainer’s Training Program” held at Japan Patent Office in 2009.
- WTO Ministerial Conference: Prof. Ganesh Hingmire, Founder and Director (GMGC), at 8th WTO Ministerial Conference with Mr. Pascal Lamy, Director (WTO).
- IPO Special Award: Prof. Ganesh Hingmire, Founder and Director(GMGC), received IPO Special Award, from Nirmala Sitaraman – Minister of Commerce and Industry in 2015.
Our key achievements in specific IP sectors are listed below:
- GMGC has established that registering a GI can have a positive impact on the production and employment within the region, allowing producers to market the product at a premium price.
- We have registered almost one-tenth of India’s Geographical Indications. Being the pioneer in this field and through dedicated efforts, we have placed Maharashtra at the zenith of registered agricultural GIs in India.
- We have recorded the submission of three hundred seventy-five Authorised User Applications at one time at the GI registry forming more than twelve per cent of overall submitted applications.
- We have worked as Consultants for the World Bank-funded Project Study of potential for the development of Geographical Indications in Maharashtra.
- We have contributed to the Department of Horticulture, Government of Maharashtra at State level GI Workshop for farmers and traders held in Pune, to create awareness about GI.
- Taking note of his attempt on GI promotion, the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) invited our founder Prof. Ganesh Hingmire to the Start-Up India event inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi in New Delhi and had displayed a video covering his vision about GIs.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade invited our founder Prof. Ganesh Hingmire to Varanasi for the conference on Unlocking the Potentials of Geographical Indication, where he has submitted a suggestion paper on National Policy on GI along with a presentation.
- Having filed hundreds of domestic trademark applications, we have a record-breaking success rate of 98%.
- Record-breaking 100% success rate for International Trademark filings.
- We have successfully defended our client at all prosecution levels.
- We have a Memorandum of Association (MoU) signed with some of the well-known and old academic institutions such as Mahatma Phule Krushi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri; VAMNICOM (Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Co-operative Management), Pune; Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara; K.K.Wagh Education Institute, Nasik. The main objects of this MoU are IPR awareness amongst students and encourage the innovative minds of students in order to realize the true value of India’s talent pool.
- Worked for more than 60+ Agriculture based inventions.
- Worked pro bono for many path-breaking inventions and most of them have been registered.
- Delivered cost-effective solutions for our client for foreign Patent filing via PCT route.
- Prof. Ganesh Hingmire has been invited as a chief guest to the launch of the Patent Drive, 2016 program at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Prof. Ganesh Hingmire had received a Scholarship from Japan Patent Office for the JPO-JIIP program at Japan Patent Office for IP Trainers.
- We offer the most cost-effective and worthwhile solutions for Copyright filing.
- We have received Industrial Design Registration Certificates in the shortest time span.
World Trade Organization
- We are a permanently recorded Training and Research Organization for World Trade Organization;
- Our delegates have attended WTO Ministerial Conference from Cancun, Mexico (2003) to Nairobi, Kenya (2015) and have voiced their opinions.
- Our two position papers concerning GI are accepted and published at WTO’s Ministerial Conferences. Our first position paper on Guaranteed Market for Indian GI in WTO member countries is accepted at the ninth Ministerial Conference held at Bali. During this Bali Ministerial Conference, only eight Position Papers were accepted and published on the WTO website. Our another position paper on – Can Geographical Indication be considered for Credible Developmental Outcome has been accepted and published at WTO’s tenth Ministerial Conference held at Nairobi.